Jonard Mid Span Slitter (1.2mm-3.3mm)
The patented and award-winning MS-6 Mid Span Slit Tool is designed to provide easy access to optical fibers in outer jackets and loose buffer tubes. With 6 precision grooves to handle various cable sizes, the sleek ergonomic design allows you to open a fiber jacket or buffer tube without damaging the fiber inside.
Easy to use:
- Select the correct groove. Each groove is marked with the recommended fiber size
- Place the fiber in the groove to be used. The arrow on the top of the MS-6 indicates blade location and pulling direction.
- Close the tool, make sure the lock is engaged, then pull.
Designed to provide easy access to optical fibers in loose buffer tubes 1.2mm - 3.3mm diameter. With 6 precision grooves, buffer tube slitting is done without damage to the fiber. The blades are replaceable (MSB-1533).
- Consists of 6 precision slitting grooves ranging in size from 1.2 mm to 3.3 mm
- Compact design weighing less than 2.5 oz with included tethering hole makes it perfect to use in tight spaces or on the go
- Indicator line on top of the unit indicates the position of the blade for accurate slitting and ringing
- This tool was specially designed for use on OFS EZ-Bend® 3.0 mm cable and also works with Corning's outdoor ALTOS® loose tube, Microduct MiniXtend® HD and MiniXtend® cable with binderless FastAccess® Technology, indoor/outdoor FREEDM® and LSZH® loose tube cables, PPC Semiflex 3 mm cable, and other similar style cables
- Replacement blade set available, part number: MSB-1533
- Blades last for 5,000 slits/cuts
- All of our MS Series Mid Span Tools are patented for their unique design and functionality. Our MS-426 won the 2019 Cabling Installation & Maintenance Gold award for innovation and our MS-6 won the same prestigious award in 2018!
- Cut Type: Slit
- Number of Slitting Grooves: 6
- Cable Type: Outer Jackets, Loose Buffer Tubes
- Cable Diameter: 1.2 mm-3.3 mm
- Dimensions: 2.20" x 0.83" x 1.50" (5.6 cm x 2.1 cm x 3.8 cm)
- Weight: 0.093 lb (42 g)
- 1.2-1.5 mm
- 1.5-1.8 mm
- 1.8-2.1 mm
- 2.1-2.5 mm
- 2.5-2.9 mm
- 2.9-3.3 mm